Monday, March 7, 2011

Hi my loving family!

Once again I'm so happy to see an email in the inbox and feel your love and spirit as I read through the past week's events and adventures. Sounds like you guys have had a wonderful time hearing from Elder Porter. I wish I could've been there to hear it, but I'm also having wonderful experiences where I'm at.

Today for Pday we had fried rice with chicken, as a zone. We were also supposed to play soccer but that didn't quite turn out according to plan. It's okay though cause the food still tasted amazing. Today we also received transfer news and one of the elders in our apartment is leaving. Elder Thacker, who was my last companion, will be taking his place, so he'll be in my apartment again, which is pretty sweet. I'll still be with my companion, Elder Eke. So by the end of this transfer we'll have been together for 6 months or 4 transfers. Time goes fast. Pres Sabey called me and asked if I'd be willing to accept the leadership position of district leader. I said I'd try my best and do everything I can. So I'll truly be relying on the Lord more than ever now and we'll see how I do. I'll need to be really setting a good example to the rest of my district and even zone. I'm excited but at the same time I definitely don't feel qualified to be in such a position. There's lots of other missionaries who would be better to fill the position but I'll trust that this is where my Father in Heaven wants me to be.

It sounds like Nick is really doing a fantastic job in school. Congrats on being student of the month in math. I had Mrs. Smith as my math teacher in 8th grade. She's the reason I had to retake Algebra, haha, but no hard feelings. I had fun in her class and she's a good teacher. Keep up the good work Nick. I'm excited for you to go into high school at Davis. Good luck with the upcoming years there but I think also that I'll be around before you have your first day there. I'll be home for a few days before you go back to school. I know you'll have a great experience there.

What's with the NuSkin work? Maybe I'm not understanding fully what you guys are doing. Explain it a little more to me cause it sounds like you guys are really excited over it. I'm interested.

I'm happy for Scott Barney and his mission call. The boys from the ward do a great job of changing their lives and preparing, with the loving help of Bishop Egan and parents, for missions throughout the world, wherever the Lord calls them to serve. I'm anxious to hear from them and know how they're all doing in their various missions.

Dad, good luck with the taping session with KJZZ. That's awesome that they want to hear about your book. I can't wait to come home and read it cover to cover. I'll give my own opinion about the book, but my expectations are already so high. I still have yet to get the chance to hear the radio dramas. I still need to give the web link to the office couple or to Pres Sabey so they could have the chance to hear them.

Katie, thanks for the email and loving support. I hope you're doing well with work and school, staying busy and healthy at the same time!

This past week we've been focusing on some of the youth that have recently been going less-active. We're working with the YW's president and receiving names from her to know what families we need to go and see. We also met one man named Felix, who stopped us and said he had received the teachings from the missionaries a long time ago and wanted us to begin teaching him again. So we told him to come to church on Sunday and we were surprised to see him show up! It was good to see him though, and we'll begin teaching him tomorrow afternoon. He says he'd like to be baptized so hopefully we can get his family to join in on the discussions also. It was a blessing to have some random man stop us and now we've picked up another investigator to teach. We're always looking for more people to teach and share the Gospel with and we were very grateful to meet this man.

Well, I hope you all are doing well. The Lord is always watching over and blessing our family and ward. I'm so blessed to be a part of the Newbold and Lindsay family and to have been taught these principles of salvation at an early age. I know the Church is true and I'm so happy to be a part of it, to have the chance of serving God's children and my brothers and sisters here in Ghana. It's been such an awesome adventure and experience during the time I've spent here. Time just keeps going without slowing down. Okay, well have a great week and be safe.

I love you all!

- Elder Newbold

No comments:

Post a Comment