Hey Fam!
I'm here in the cafe waiting for transfer news and it hasn't yet come, but when it does I'll add it to the email or send another later. So to begin with, Happy Birthday Jude! It's a little late but it's the best I could do right now, haha. I can't believe he's 2 already! Where did the time go?
Yesterday we were somehow rained out during the time we were supposed to have church. So the attendance there in sacrament meeting wasn't the best. Few members came and no investigators came, once again. Whenever it rains here we really can't expect many people to come. Sadly that's just the fact that we face here in Ghana. But we'll shoot for a better outcome next week and do our best for now and in the upcoming week. We're hoping to have a baptism in the upcoming weeks on either the 27th or 31st of this month. So we'll finalize that and talk with the bishopric about it. Hopefully everything will be good.
Say hi to Taylor and Taylor for me when they get home. It'll be only a short time before I can say it for myself, but until then, I hope the best for them in adjusting to conditions being back home. Also best of luck to Jacob Wheeler and Nate Read, I'm excited for them and I know they'll have great experiences.
I'll be instructing tomorrow in the combined District Meeting and from what I've thought and planned out already, I think I'll be talking about Gratitude. I've realized the past couple of days especially that we take things for granted and we need to be thankful for all that we have. The Lord is truly gracious and loving towards all His children and we need to open our eyes more often and recognize all that He has done for us. So, I'll finalize my thoughts hopefully by tonight and I'll let you know how things go tomorrow.
As for a birthday package, I'm wondering if we can just wait and celebrate my birthday when I get back... is that an option? I'd rather have a banana cream pie than a birthday package, honestly, haha. I'm always grateful for packages, don't get me wrong, but I'd much rather get to be with my family and friends and get to eat a very delicious pie, haha. Let me know if that's a possibility or not. If it's not, I'd still be happy with a package.
I'm glad to hear that Dan's home and safe. I wonder if I could grow a beard when I get home... is that allowed? All the men in the family should grow beards and then we can take a picture, that'd be cool... anyway, I hope Dan had a great time and I'll be expecting to hear about his experiences sometime soon.
As for the money in my account, again I'm fine. I shouldn't need anymore til I go home, thanks. I'm still trying to find things to buy for family or friends.
Well, I hope everyone's doing well back home. I hope you're all healthy and keeping up the hard work. Thanks for the emails and the prayers and the support... the list goes on and on of the things you all have done for me. I'm eternally grateful to you all! And I hope you all know that you're also in my prayers constantly. I love you all and I'll talk to you all soon!
- Elder Newbold
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment