Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hey there my great and eternal family and friends!

I'm thankful to write to you all again and also to hear how things have been going recently back in Utah. Sorry to hear that the weather isn't really proving to be spring quite yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon. If not, I can blow some of the hot air over to you guys...I'd be happy to do that. Today we played football at the stake center with two other zones from cape coast. The drove in early this morning and we were able to play against them for some time. It was good to see old friends and know they're doing well.

This coming Sunday will be our baptism if all goes according to plan. So we'll keep working towards it and help the two candidates that we've planned to baptize. One of them though has traveled to her home town of Accra, which is about 4 hrs from Takoradi. We need to call her on the phone and talk with her brother, who's in charge of the family. Their parents both have died and I'm not quite sure on all the details, but the family is mostly all members of the Church and it's left with the young woman that we've been meeting with. Hopefully she'll be able to join us as we baptize our other investigator named Felix Demenu. He's probably in his late 50's or early 60's, but honestly it's hard to tell with some people here. So I won't know his real age until we ask for his information. As for the girl, she's 17, I think, and is named Sophia. The work continues to go well and this past Friday we went on splits with the Zone Leaders. I went with Elder Thompson again, I think this is the third time I've gone with him. He's from Provo and came the transfer after I did. So we had a great time and had a productive day teaching and visiting people. He's done an amazing job at learning the Fante language and can speak it much more than I can. Some of the lessons we taught, were to people who didn't speak English, so it had to be in Fante, as best we could. So I let him do that part of the talking.

It sounds like all of you are staying extra busy with this NuSkin work. I still don't understand quite what it's all about, but I've sorta got a good idea. Sounds like you guys are doing great and doing good work with it. Maybe you'll explain more about the details on the phone call home. Mother's Day is coming quickly and I'll have to be planning the time to call you guys on that day. Crazy to think it's my last phone call and the next time I hear your voices will most likely be at the airport... let's not get carried away though. I still have 4 and a half months. Plenty of time to keep working and let the sun continue to burn me up, haha. Ghana's a great place and I wouldn't trade it for any other mission in the world. God's truly prepared these people, His children, our brothers and sisters and He loves us all so much. It's true.

I've been blessed with good health the past weeks and I've been sleeping fine at night. I guess I take sleep for granted and should be grateful I get a full nights sleep most every night.

How's Uncle Doug doing? As well as Gma Lindsay. I've been thinking about them and I hope they're doing well. Today I received the package that Carol sent.... and though I haven't opened it yet, let me say that you really didn't have to send a package that big, haha. Thanks so much though and, speaking to Carol still, Happy Birthday on Saturday. I hope you had a good day and things went perfect for you. Thanks again and I love you tons.

Still no emails from Dan or Brad/Chels. I think I have their emails, so I'll try to write them today and see if they respond. I've done that in the past but maybe they're just too busy to respond. I hope they're all doing great and Emma and Jude also.

I just got Dad's email right now as I was writing this. Keep up the good work. Sounds like a long day yesterday for you.

Well, I love you all so much and I'll be sure to do my best and write again next week. I hope you all have a wonderful week and stay safe and protected. You're all in my prayers and I'm always thinking of you guys. I need to start buying souvenirs for all of you. I've gotta budget it all well too so I don't spend too much.

I'm grateful for all your support and love. I truly am so blessed!

- Elder Newbold

No comments:

Post a Comment