Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hey family!

Another week's gone by! Dad and Mom, thanks for your experiences and testimonies all the time. It's hard to picture the house being so empty but that'll change soon. Tmrw is my 22 month mark of being in Ghana. So, 22 months ago today, I flew to Ghana and you guys drove me to the airport that morning, haha. Crazy to think about.

Yesterday we had our baptism and it went well. Bro John Forson was baptized and hopefully within the next few weeks his family will join him. We need to continue to teach them and prepare them also. This past week we saw Kofi again a few times and he's still interested in what we're teaching. We finally got him to pray and it was cool to see that experience. I know he'll progress and if we can get him to come to church, he can be baptized soon. This will be the last week that we're able to meet with the two British girls as they'll be leaving next week back home. So, tomorrow we'll see them for one final time and hopefully we can leave a lasting impression that will help them investigate the Church back in England. We had the chance to give someone a blessing last night, as she's been having difficulties lately with several different things in her life. She's a less-active and hasn't been to church in about 2 yrs and recently lost a baby to a miscarriage. She was in the hospital last week for 3 or 4 days and now she's recovered but is still not knowing if the Church is true. She's had several things bothering her and she asked us to give a blessing of comfort. So it was a good experience and I'm glad to have the Priesthood in my life.

I really don't have much to say today. Maybe also the fact that I'm freezing here in this internet cafe... ya you heard right, freezing. The people here must like to live in a refrigerator or something. I'm also sitting right in front of it, which was good to begin with, but after an hour I'm now a popsicle, haha. So, please know that I'm doing well. I have good health and lots to be grateful for. I haven't gotten the package yet but I'll let you guys know when it comes. Thanks for everything. So, everyone, keep up the great work. Have a great week and savor it, cause it goes by too fast! I'll talk to you soon!

Love you all!
- Elder Newbold

No comments:

Post a Comment